Recent updates to the Medicare Conditions of Participation (CoPs) and the 5 Star Rating program pose significant challenges for home health agencies. While deficiencies in a star rating can help you evaluate your shortcomings, they’ll also affect your bottom line. Ongoing, coordination of care is critical to improve your agency and patient outcome, but is often a difficult goal to achieve.
Looking for answers? Join healthcare experts Sharon M. Litwin
and Melissa Abbott
in this comprehensive program designed to clarify the crucial role clinicians hold in performing and scoring OASIS assessments—and how that translates to improved outcomes.
Litwin and Abbott will detail exactly which items lead to high Star Ratings. Plus, you’ll get the guidance you need to develop and implement a top-notch care management model so that patient interdisciplinary teams work effectively together to coordinate care—regularly and for the long term.
If you’re struggling to comply with new CoPs and improve your Star Rating, this virtual boot camp is for you. The speakers will teach you how to analyze OASIS outcome reports, how to properly conduct comprehensive assessments, how to improve communication among case management personnel (including aides!), and how to increase the effectiveness of your interdisciplinary teams. After attending, you will be equipped to ensure OASIS accuracy and consistency, improve patient and agency outcomes, and—ultimately—boost your 5 Star Ratings.
This comprehensive program will teach you to:
- Understand the OASIS outcomes being measured and how to analyze them
- Select the outcome measures to focus on
- Comply with care coordination regulations & CoP rules
- Understand what you need to do to earn a high 5 Star Rating
- Develop indicators and monitor ongoing progress to improve selected outcomes
- Audit OASIS clinicians to develop education plans
- Conduct a comprehensive OASIS assessment
- Implement a successful care management model
- Ensure clinicians are coordinating care at SOC and through the HHA admission
- Identify, define, and develop a care management system that meets individual patient needs
- Understand the importance of delivering goal-driven care versus task-oriented care
- Streamline the processes for admission, re-certification, and discharge
- Record all coordination-of-care events (without increasing documentation time)