The concept of "Split shared visits" is relatively easy to understand but the practical use and documentation requirements become the challenge. Non-physician Practitioners (NPP) billing rules are variable. Also, you need to understand the difference between "direct" and "incident to" billing which is the key for maximizing an office's NPP services. Join us for this On Demand Webinar – “ABC of Incidents-to VS Shared Billing” tomorrow Tuesday, July 16th, 2013. This webinar can be accessed anytime of the day once registered.
You’ll find the 2013 OIG Work Plan includes incident-to services. Are you prepared for the increased audit activity?
Expert presenter Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS, will take you through the latest audit issues for physicians. You’ll learn about the hot topics every physician office needs to know. Also, check out this vital information about reduced payments, increased government scrutiny, and compliance. That way, you’ll know that you’re meeting all of Medicare’s requirements for incident-to services.
This session will help you:
• Why the Focus on Non Physician Practitioners (NPPs) & Incident-to?
1. 2013 OIG Work Plan & NPPs
2. OIG 2009 Report Findings: Quality of care, Medical necessity, Billing compliance
3. Recent Compliance News
4. Risk Areas: NPP Risk Areas & Incident-to Risk Areas
• Non Physician Practitioners (NPP)
1. Eligibility Requirements
2. NPP vs Auxiliary Staff
3. Billing Options
4. Coverage Requirements
• Incident-to Services
1. Basic Requirements
2. Physician Involvement: Direct Supervision, Documentation of Physician’s Involvement, Subsequent Visits.
4. Different Setting
• Split/Shared Visits
1. Physician Role
2. Different Settings: Facility Setting & Clinic/Office Setting
3. Shared Visits Apply to the these E/M Codes
4. Consultations & Shared Visits
5. Medicaid & Private Payors
• Documentation Requirements
1. Physician Involvement
3. Examples of Acceptable Documentation
4. Examples of Unacceptable Documentation
5. Common Questions
• Supervision Guidelines
4. Supervision Indicators
• Education Tools & Resources
1. “Incident-to” Checklist
2. Shared Visits Checklist
3. Reference Tool
• Discover what you must know about Incident-to services and the 2013 OIG Work Plan
• Go in-depth with the OIG’s report on Non Physician Practitioners
• Define Medicare’s shared/split visits and relationship to “Incident-to”
• Make sure you’re following these documentation and billing requirements
• Learn the private payer difference
• Vital information about reduced payments, increased government scrutiny, and compliance.
• And much more...
Who should attend? Coding professionals, billing specialist, practice managers, HIM directors, compliance officers, case managers, physicians
Elin Baklid-Kunz is an expert in medical coding compliance who supports clients in matter across the United States with over 20 years of experience in the field.
Ms. Kunz is a national speaker and published author. Recent speaking engagements include the 2018 European Symposium on Ethics and Governance in Paris for the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development; American Bar Association 2018 Physician Legal Issues Conference, 2017 American...
More Events By The Speaker