Design The Charge Capture Interface To The Chargemaster Carefully To Address The Extreme Complexity Of Cardiovascular Interventional Radiology Coding, Billing And Reimbursement!
The frequent change in the code and coding guidance for interventional cardiovascular services has increased the complexity of coding and billing, resulting in many questions like:
- Why are the codes and coding guidelines in CPT being changed for certain cardiovascular services?
- Have APCs and payment processes influenced the descriptions and inclusions in the CPT coding structure?
- Who should be performing coding for interventional cardiovascular services?
- How can we assure proper charge capture for cardiovascular services?
- As the interventional cardiovascular code structures change, how can we be certain our charges are appropriate?
- How should we be handling the use and non-use of modifiers with interventional cardiovascular services?
- Will the future bring more changes for CPT coding in the cardiovascular areas?
Join our expert Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., CFP, for this information packed 90 minutes webinar to get the answers and understand the intricacies of the new CVIR codes and the coding and billing update for CY2013.
Here are the topics covered in the session:
- Review the coding, billing and reimbursement for cardiovascular interventional radiology services in general.
- Appreciate the extreme complexity of coding, billing and reimbursement in the cardiovascular interventional radiology area.
- Learn from several case studies to illustrate the complexities of coding and billing and the need to carefully design the charge capture interface to the chargemaster.
- Understand the CPT coding and coding directive changes in the cardiovascular areas.
- Know the multi-year changes for coding that are occurring in CPT and their impact on hospitals.
- Discuss pricing strategies for expensive catheters and stents used for interventional radiology services for both inpatient and outpatient services.
- Review chargemaster techniques and associated coding and billing flow.
- Appreciate how charge structures must be adjusted relative to coding inclusions in the cardiovascular area.
- Examine how APCs are being changed in the cardiovascular interventional radiology areas through increased packaging.
- Cardiovascular Overview
- Interventional Cardiovascular Services
- Cardiovascular Monitoring and Devices
- Electrophysiological Procedures
- Interventional Radiology Overview
- Component Coding
- Diagnostic versus Therapeutic Services
- Stents and Stent Placement
- Angioplasties and Atherectomies
- APC and DRG Payment Processes
- Coding and Coding Directive Changes
- Coronary and Vascular Catheterization Procedures
- Monitoring and Cardiac Devices
- Electrophysiological Procedures
- Impact on Charges and Payments
- Chargemaster Issues
- Basic Design Process for Cardiovascular and CVIR Services
- Professional versus Technical Component Coding/Billing
- Proper Charging for CVIR Services
- Modifier Challenges
- Payment Issues for CVIR Services
- Increased Packaging for APCs
- Device Dependent Concept for APCs and DRGs
- Alternative Coding/Billing Flows
- Static Coding in the Chargemaster
- Dynamic coding Outside the Chargemaster
- Hybrid Methodologies
- Assessing Claim Accuracy
- Sources for Further Information
Prerequisites for Participation: General knowledge of hospital services for the cardiovascular area. General knowledge of the chargemaster design process and association coding and billing flow processes is useful.
Who should attend? Coding Personnel, Billing and Claims Transaction Personnel, CVIR Personnel, Chargemaster Coordinators, Financial Analysts, Compliance Personnel, Auditors, Cardiovascular Service Area Staff, Physicians and Other Interested Personnel
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today