Learn about the OIG Trends, Reports and Issues as applicable in FY2017
This session with expert speaker Duane Abbey, Ph.D., addresses a review of OIG Work Plan issues for hospitals, clinics and other health care providers. FY2017 Work Plan issues are addressed in the context of OIG Work Plan issues from FY2012 through FY2016. The session will cover pertinent reports issued by the OIG particularly in relation to established OIG issues, and additionally, associated RAC issues will be discussed in relation to current and anticipated trends.
To ensure that any OIG and RAC issues are adequately addressed by health care providers, identification of issues will be done in the context of internal and external auditing. For this session, the main concentration of issues will involve hospitals and facilities. Physician concerns involving hospitals will also be addressed.
- A comprehensive look at what OIG Work Plans are?
- Do hospitals and other healthcare providers need to be concerned?
- Why do these work plans get longer and more involved each year?
- Are there any trends issuance over OIG issues over the past several years?
- Does the OIG issue any other reports?
- The relationship of the OIG studies with the RACs and other federal auditing entities
- Does anyone pay any attention to these OIG reports and recommendations?
- How far does CMS follow the recommendations of the OIG?
- Identification of emerging trends, over the years, in the issues addressed by the OIG Work Plans
- Where can I access these work plans and the reports that are issued relative to the identified issues
- When is the OIG Work Plan supposed to be issued each year?
- To Understand The OIG Work Plan Process
- To Appreciate the Importance of the Various Reports Issued by the OIG
- To Review Issues for FY 2017
- To Understand the RAC Development and Approval of Issues
- To Identify OIG Trends For Issues and Their Relationship to RAC Issue Development
- To Identify Compliance Issues That Need to be Addressed By Hospitals, Facilities and Other Health Care Providers
- To Identify and Review Various Reports Issued By The OIG Relative to Audits and Studies Performed as a Part of The OIG’s Work Plans
- To Assess Which Issues will Develop and Eventually be Investigated by the RACs and Other Federal Auditors
- To Look for Trends Relative to the OIG Work Plan Issues
- Action Steps That Should be Taken by Hospitals and Other Healthcare Providers
- Review The OIG Publications
- Issuance of Work Plans
- Issuant of Reports Relative to the Work Plans
- Special Reports
- Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs)
- Review The RAC Process
- Development and Identification of Issues
- Gaining Approval for Issues
- FY2017 OIG Issues
- Other Types of Healthcare Facilities
- Overlapping Issues with Physicians and Hospitals
- Review FY2012 Through FY2016 Work Plans
- Trends in the Development of Work Plan Issues
- Issues Repeatedly Appearing in the Work Plans
- Review Special Reports Issued by the OIG
- Relationship To Published OIG Work Plan Issues
- Associated RAC Audit Issues
- Current Categories of Issues
- OIG Issues Relative to RAC Audit Issues
- Anticipated Issues for the Future
- Identification of Action Steps For Health Care Providers
- Hospital Concerns
- Utilizing the OIG Work Plan As A Guide for Compliance
- Other Related Health Care Provider Concerns
- Review of Reports and Compliance Guidance Issued by the OIG
- Clinics and Physicians
- Other Health Care Providers
- Sources for Further Information
Who should attend?
- Healthcare Compliance Personnel,
- Hospital Chargemaster Coordinators,
- Billing and Claims Generation Personnel,
- Compliance Personnel,
- Patient Financial Management Personnel,
- Cost Accounting Personnel,
- Cost Report Personnel,
- Financial Analysts,
- Managed Care Contract Personnel,
- Revenue Enhancement Personnel,
- Revenue Cycle Specialists,
- Chief Financial Officers,
- Chief Compliance Officers,
- Financial Planners,
- All Other Hospital Personnel Interested in Compliance Issues
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today