Review all Deleted, Revised and New CPT® codes in Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care/Critical Care
Each year the CPT® code set changes – be it new codes, deleted codes, revisions – it is important to keep abreast of the latest changes that are set to take effect on January 1, 2017.
This audio session with expert Caral Edelberg is designed to provide an overview of 2017 CPT® updates specific to Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care/ Critical Care. Get tips and tools on the appropriate use of the codes and any guideline changes that may be coming your way.
Caral will review new guidelines and revisions that are pertinent to emergency care coding, critical care and urgent care for the 2017 coding year.
- 2017 CPT® Codes Additions –
- 27197 - Closed treatment of posterior pelvic ring fracture(s), dislocation(s), diastasis or subluxation of the ilium, sacroiliac joint, and/or sacrum, with or without anterior pelvic ring fracture(s) and/or dislocation(s) of the pubic symphysis and/or superior/inferior rami, unilateral or bilateral; without manipulation
- 27198 - Closed treatment of posterior pelvic ring fracture(s), dislocation(s), diastasis or subluxation of the ilium, sacroiliac joint, and/or sacrum, with or without anterior pelvic ring fracture(s) and/or dislocation(s) of the pubic symphysis and/or superior/inferior rami, unilateral or bilateral; with manipulation, requiring more than local anesthesia (ie, general anesthesia, moderate sedation, spinal/epidural)
- 62320 - Injection(s), of diagnostic or therapeutic substance(s) (eg, anesthetic, antispasmodic, opioid, steroid, other solution), not including neurolytic substances, including needle or catheter placement, interlaminar epidural or subarachnoid, cervical or thoracic; without imaging guidance
- 2017 CPT® Code Revisions –
- 28289 - Hallux rigidus correction with cheilectomy, debridement and capsular release of the first metatarsophalangeal joint; without implant
- 31577 - Laryngoscopy, flexible; with removal of foreign body(s)
- 31584 - Laryngoplasty; with open reduction and fixation of (eg, plating) of fracture, includes tracheostomy, if performed
- 2017 CPT® Code Deletions –
- 11752 - Excision of nail and nail matrix, partial or complete (eg, ingrown or deformed nail), for permanent removal; with amputation of tuft of distal phalanx
- 21495 - Open treatment of hyoid fracture
- 22305 - Closed treatment of vertebral process fracture(s)
- How to avoid “code creep”
- How does current ED E/M code distribution compare to past years?
- What do payers look at when auditing records in the ED and UCC?
- What are some of the Medicare programs we need to be aware of in 2017?
- Review of 2017 CPT® guideline changes
- CPT® changes that will impact the ED
- E/M levels and distribution
- Review of modifier changes
- Insights on medical necessity
- Split/ shared services
- How to communicate with your providers the importance of updating for the 2017 CPT® changes
- Macros and templates for documentation
- How “urgent” are your patient complaints?
- Two Midnight Rule and its effects on ED documentation requirements
- Tools and resources
- Emergency Medicine physician E/M distribution Medicare
- ED MDM documentation reminders
- Split/Shared Visits – ED and Medicare
- Medicare Outpatient Observation Notice - “MOON”
- Procedure changes for 2017 – Conscious ”Moderate” Sedation
- X-ray procedures performed with Film
- New and established office visit codes – Urgent Care
- Blending PR with revenue issues
- Facility acuity criteria
- Sample Content –Straightforward, Low, Moderate and High Acuity
- Challenges with criteria
- And more!
Who should attend
Coding professionals, auditors, compliance experts, emergency physicians, emergency nurses, practice managers
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today