Coding And Billing for Wound Care & Debridement Services
Don’t miss these vital documentation details for wound care and debridement claims.
You may know that physicians perform active wound care procedures to remove devitalized and/or necrotic tissue and promote healing, but did you know that to report these services, the physician must have direct (one-on-one) contact with the patient?
You have endured some major changes over the last several years in wound care guidelines, which include the addition of even the CPT® codes pertaining to wound debridement and active wound care codes that require MORE documentation than ever before.
To make certain your wound care claims are error-free, you should attend this vital conference, provided by expert presenter, Margie S Vaught. Register now!
This session will help you:
- Define wound debridement, open fracture debridement and active wound care procedures.
- Describe what surgical debridement documentation you now need for all three different debridement CPT® code ranges.
- Distinguish the difference between non-selective wound care codes, selective wound care codes, and application of wound vacs
- Identify the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) and CPT® bundling rules as well as payer/carrier policies and interpretation issues.
- Try your hand at examples/scenarios what will show you how the coding should look.
- Understand what to do when skin grafting/replacement is involved.
Who should attend? Coders, Billers, Office Managers, Practice Manager, Orthopedic Surgeons
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Maryann C. Palmeter, CPC, CENTC
- Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CCS-P, PCE, MCS-P, AC
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Leesa A. Israel, BA, CPC, CUC, CPPM, CMBS
About Our Speaker
Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CCS-P, PCE, MCS-P, ACS-EM, ACS-OR With over 30+ years experience in the Healthcare arena, in positions from nurse’s aide to ward clerk and medical transcriptionist to office manager, Margie understands how offices are structured. Twenty of those years were spent in the field of Orthopedics.She obtained Certified Professional Coder (CPC) designation in 1995 from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), where she served as...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.