Tip: Coders can trip on any number of choices when trying to decide among spinal instrumentation add-on codes: approach, segmental or non-segmental … or the dreaded interspace miscount. Follow these steps when deciding on approach and instrumentation type to get the right spinal add-on code each time -- and recoup every bit of reimbursement your surgeon deserves. They are:
- Look to the primary code first.
- Don’t be misled by ‘instrumentation’ element of codes.
- Count spaces for correct anterior instrumentation code.
- Determine whether segmental or not for posterior claims.
Having expert tips like these means that your coding accuracy will go through the roof, and you’ll have less denials on your desk. That’s less stress for you. Also, your practice will receive the ethical reimbursement it deserves. Get practical, specialty-specific coding advice with Audio Educator’s expert audio conferences.
For a limited time, you can create your own Orthopedic Coding Bundle. If you order more than one audio conference, you will reap substantial savings — and the more you choose, the more you save.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose 2 audio conferences for $297. That’s a savings of $97!
- Choose 3 audio conferences for $397. That’s a savings of $194!
- Choose 4 audio conferences for $497. That’s a savings of $291!
Choose from the following top Orthopedic audio conferences. You can click on the links provided in the topic title below to understand more about each event.
You can contact customer service at 1-866-458-2965 or email to email@example.com for help.
In this case, the more you learn, the more you save.