Radiology Documentation and Ordering Rules
Are you sure your radiology documentation has everything it needs?
Discover compliant methods that get you the complete documentation you need for radiology services with expert speaker Cheryl A. Schad, BA Ed, CPC, ACS-RA, PCS. In just 90-minutes, she'll get you up to speed on what radiologists must include in their written interpretations of radiological studies. You'll walk away with the tools to collect proper reimbursement and achieve compliance with various regulatory agencies.
Here's what you will learn:
- What needs to be included in the written interpretations of radiological studies to receive appropriate reimbursement.
- 2010 CMS rules and regulations for ordering diagnostic tests: clinical indications, medical necessity, documentation of diagnostic tests, and the 2010 guidelines for the National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI).
- CMS policy defining an "order" and the exceptions to CMS' ordering policy.
- Clinical indications and the impact on medical necessity - and how it should be expressed.
- Document multiple studies performed at the same session within one radiology report.
- General Instructions for CMS' NCCI Edits.
- Achieve compliance with the various regulatory agencies - Including CMS and the AMA.
Who should attend: Radiologists, radiology business administrators, hospital radiology department administrators, radiology coders, radiology technicians, radiology schedulers.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Diana W. Voorhees, M.A., CLS, MT, SH, CLCP
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Kathleen G. Bailey, CPA, MBA, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CCS-P
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
About Our Speaker
Cheryl A. Schad, BA Ed, CPC, ACS-RA, PCS, is a nationally-recognized Reimbursement Specialist and owner of Schad Medical Management, a physician reimbursement/compliance consulting firm that focuses on CPT and ICD-9 coding and Medicare Part B regulations.
Schad's personal area of expertise is diagnostic and interventional radiology. She has performed numerous workshops, seminars, and audio conferences for organizations including The Coding Institute, The American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.