2012 Pulmonary Billing Procedures & Tests
What's New, What's Revised And What Do We Sometimes Forget When Billing Pulmonary Procedures & Tests?
EBUS and Transbronchial biopsies have been around for a few years. Fiducial markers and computer navigation codes are new. All of these have nuances in documentation that can equate to problems in reimbursement. Pulmonary function test, 6 minute walks and plethsmography are common office tests that have interpretation components, and minimum standards are often not met.
In the ever audited world of medical specialties, documentation and the correct process of billing is very important. Remember, just because you received payments does not mean you billed it correctly (nor does it mean that they won't take their reimbursement back).
Join this 60 minute session where our expert will provide you insights on documentation tips and resources like
- Endoscopy billing rules - where are they defined.
- MPFSB - where is the most current copy and what other valuable information is contained in it.
- TBB - documenting location - the simple easy way.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Is family billing of bronchoscopies worth it to your office?
- What documentation is required for a BAL and how is this procedure being inappropriately billed?
- Documentation of procedures and testing - tips and tools.
- The right and the wrong way to use Modifiers.
- When is 22 appropriate and tips on getting paid more.
- Diagnostic specificity - why it is important today and in the future.
Who should attend? Medical office managers, billing managers, coders and billers
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Jill Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, is the Principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. A company founded 11 years ago to meet the education and compliance needs of physicians and their staff.
Jill has over 30 years of medical experience working in all areas of the medical practice including clinical, billing and rounding with physicians.Her comments and opinions can be seen in several publications and also heard on a variety... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.