Coding for Foot Care
Get comprehensive analysis on coding and CMS policies on Foot Care!
There are many complications in foot care coding for both CMS and other insurance carriers primarily due to medical necessity. CMS and many insurance carriers have very complex policies on foot care coverage. This conference will sort out the policies and review medical necessity, a crucial part of offering these services, and determining who is responsible for foot care, insurance or patients.
We will look at the policies available from CMS and some of the major insurance carriers in the country. Both the ICD-9 and CPT coding will be reviewed, as well as when it is necessary for the patient to pay for these services, because the patient does not meet the criteria for coverage through their insurance carrier or Medicare. We will also discuss shoes, inserts, and other prescribed orthotics.
Take a look at what you’ll learn:
- What foot care services are medically necessary
- CMS policies for foot care
- How to get reimbursed for orthotics, shoes, and other supplies
- What services are not covered
- Proper ICD-9 and CPT coding for foot care
Who should attend?
coders, administrators, auditors, collections staff, claims staff, billers, podiatrists, orthopedic surgeons, Internal medicine and family practice physicians
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC is the Sr. Director of Coding Compliance and Education for Healthcare Information Services, a physician's billing service. She has 30 years experience in all areas of the physician practice specializing in Orthopedics....
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.