Pathology and Laboratory 2014 Regulatory and CPT Coding Update
Know How To Comply With CMS Regulatory Guidance — Outlined In Clinical Laboratory And Physician Fee Schedule Updates
Learn how to correctly use new and revised CPT® 2014 codes to earn the pay you deserve in this information packed session. Don’t miss out on new and revised codes that allow you to bill immunohistochemistry per block, per separately identifiable antibody.
In this 60 minute audio session, expert speaker Ellen Garver, BS, BA, CPC will provide insights on how to comply with CMS regulatory guidance outlined in Clinical Laboratory, Physician Fee schedule updates and Correct Coding Initiative policy — to ensure clean claims. Ellen will offer tips for implementing new codes, and provide a thorough analysis of late-breaking fee schedule and policy updates from CMS. She will also present expert guidance gleaned from insider interviews and important links to official guidance documents.
Areas covered in the session:
- Prepare for CPT® 2014 molecular pathology changes, including loads of new Tier 1 and Tier 2 tests
- Get to know 10 new chemistry codes and see how Medicare intends to pay for them
- Tweak amplified probe technique codes to include reverse transcription
- Update your human leukocyte antigen (HLA) coding with these CPT® 2014 code revisions and instructional notes
- Capture more pay for IHC stains with revised 88342 and new add-on code +88343
- Evaluate your lab’s bottom line for 2014 with information on Relative Value Unit changes and fee schedule payment rate adjustments
- Join the payment fray for existing and new CPT®2014 Multi-analyte Assay with Algorithmic Analyses (MAAA) tests
Who should attend? Clinical laboratories, Independent laboratories, Pathology practices, Coding/billing staff, lab managers, lab scientists, pathologists, compliance officers
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Linda Smith, CPC-I, CMBS, PCS, CPC, CEMC
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- David Glaser,
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
About Our Speaker
Ellen Garver, BS, BA, CPC, regularly covers medical coding and compliance for pathology and laboratory as well as general surgery. The 12-year Coding Institute veteran has served as the editor of Pathology/Lab Coding Alert since its inception in 1999 and is also the current editor of General Surgery Coding Alert.
Ellen shares her pathology and laboratory coding know-how by presenting at various Coding Institute Audioconferences and live conferences. She... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.