Molecular Pathology CPT Changes
Molecular Pathology Reset: Straddle Two Code Systems in 2012
CPT® 2012 introduced 92 new codes for commonly-used genetic markers such as BRCA1, dividing the codes into a two-tier system. CMS failed to price the codes for 2012, leaving labs to fall back on “stacking codes,” or to follow alternate payer direction. Labs must meet the challenge to bridge the two coding systems this year, prepare now for 2013 coding expectations, and provide payment feedback to impact future pricing for these codes.
Continue to properly use molecular diagnostics “stacking codes” (83890-83914). See how CPT® 2012 Tier 1 and Tier 2 molecular pathology codes fit your lab test menu. Comply with CMS instruction for reporting each test using the “old” and “new” CPT® paradigm. Understand payer instructions for unlisted codes.
In this 60-minute audio conference our expert speaker Ellen Garver, CPC, BA, BS, provides how-to tips for implementing CPT® 2012 molecular pathology codes, analysis of late-breaking payer updates for billing guidance. Also get links to official guidance documents for authoritative resources.
Highlights Of The Session:
- Understand Medicare guidance to report both stacking codes and molecular pathology codes
- Learn what to expect for molecular diagnostics pay — 2012 and beyond
- Uncover specific payer surprises that ignore all specific molecular pathology codes
- Evaluate payable diagnoses for specific molecular studies
- Revisit genetic modifiers in light of CPT® 2012 revisions
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Clinical laboratories, Independent laboratories, Pathology practices
Job titles: Coding/billing staff, lab managers, lab scientists, pathologists, compliance officers
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Ellen Garver, BS, BA, CPC, regularly covers medical coding and compliance for pathology and laboratory as well as general surgery. The 12-year Coding Institute veteran has served as the editor of Pathology/Lab Coding Alert since its inception in 1999 and is also the current editor of General Surgery Coding Alert.
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.