Pain Management Modifiers: Telling The Whole Story May Impact Reimbursement And Compliance
Become a modifier guru -- they can make all the difference when it comes to claim payments and denials.
Now, more than ever before, we're seeing decreasing reimbursements and increased compliance scrutiny. You need every available tool to capture revenue and avoid inaccurate - or even fraudulent - billing.
Modifiers can make all the difference, but only if you use them correctly. Inappropriate use of modifiers can put you at risk for compliance breaches and potential fines if an auditor knocks on your door.
Join nationally recognized coding and documentation speaker Judith L. Blaszczyk RN, CPC, ACS-PM for this informative hour-long session that will pay for itself in accurate reimbursements.
This conference will provide the answers you need when puzzling over whether to append a modifier and if so, which one. Each modifier applicable to pain management will be discussed in depth with specific usage tips and cautions. Actual pain management encounter examples will be utilized to provide guidance in coding specific pain management scenarios.
Don't Miss These Essentials:
- "Red flag" modifiers - which modifiers are they and when is it appropriate to use them?
- Modifier order - what sequence should you use on the claim? It matters …
- OIG scrutiny - expect extra attention on your bilateral modifier use.
- E/M and same-date procedures - proper use of modifier 25.
- Confusing modifiers demystified: The distinction between modifiers 52 and 53.
- Avoid penalties for fraud and abuse when you learn how to correctly use modifier 59.
- PLUS: Information on the teaching modifier and documentation rules.
- Medicare's "reasonable and necessary" modifiers will be reviewed to assist in billing for those procedures that may not meet Medicare's medical necessity requirements
Who should attend? Coding professionals, billing specialists, practice managers, HIM directors, and compliance officers. Physicians and payer review professionals also benefit.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
- Diana W. Voorhees, M.A., CLS, MT, SH, CLCP
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Kelly Dennis, MBA, ACS-AN, CANPC, CHCA, CPC, CPC-I
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Andrew B. Wachler,
About Our Speaker
Judi L. Blaszczyk, RN, CPC, ACS-PM, brings 18 years of experience as a registered nurse working in an acute care hospital setting. This background provides invaluable insight into the clinical aspects of medical coding and documentation as well as experience interacting with physicians and other clinicians. In addition to her clinical background, Mrs. Blaszczyk has 20 years of experience in medical coding and billing with a specialization in anesthesia and...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.