9 Keys to Reporting Fracture Care: ED Rules You Can't Code Without
No bones about it, orthopedic services in the ED can be tough to code!
Coding for fracture care means you have to know CPT AND Medicare global surgical rules so you can recognize the procedures you can bill with and without ED codes. But that’s not the end of it -- you have to watch your modifiers for both the E/Ms and the procedures. And one tiny mistake can increase your risk of denials, or cause you to leave deserved reimbursement money on the table.
Make sure this doesn't happen in your ED. Join expert speaker Kenneth Engel, CPC, CHC, ACS-EM, CCP, for an in-depth look at the coding rules for orthopedic services in the ED -- and how adding other services impacts your final coding decision. Tune in as the expert reveals 9 easy-to-remember steps that'll keep your coding correct and your claims on track.
Here’s a sampling of the details you’ll learn:
- Step-by step guide: How to determine the fracture site, the approach and treatment.
- Fracture care or E/M or other? Make sure you choose the correct service type.
- Important considerations: supportive immobilization, anesthesia, additional E/Ms, and more.
- Definitive vs restorative care: How to tell the difference -- and what it means for coding.
- Considering modifier 54? Here's where most coders go wrong -- and how you can go right.
- Major pitfalls of diagnostic fracture care coding vs. procedural diagnostic coding.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A!
Who should attend? Caregivers in the emergency department and urgent care setting, physicians, mid-level practitioners, residents, medical students, scribes, coding professionals and billing specialists.
Your registration includes:
- Risk-free enrollment! Scheduling conflict? No problem! This session is also available on CD!
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use!
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room!
Order Below Or Call 800-874-9180 Today!
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Terry Fletcher, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CMC, CMSCS, CCS-P, CCS
- Debra Phairas, MBA
- Sharon Litwin, RN, BS, MHA
- Toni G. Cesta, Ph.D., RN, FAAN
About Our Speaker
Kenneth Engel, CPC, CHC, ACS-EM, CCP is Vice President, Corporate Compliance Officer, and a founding associate of Martin Gottlieb and Associates, a company which provides coding and billing services for emergency physicians who cover 48 emergency departments from six states. The company also services hospitalists and urgent care providers.
As a software engineer, he worked to develop the company’s medical coding and billing software. With 15 years of... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.