Ob-Gyn Surgical Anatomy and Terminology from A to Z
Here’s How to Make Ob-Gyn Operative Coding Simpler
When a surgical ob-gyn operative report lands on your desk, you need to know anatomy — not only for procedure coding but to pinpoint that ultra specific diagnostic code. This is especially true when physicians perform more complicated procedures in contiguous areas, and you have to decide if you can bill additional procedures.
Join ob-gyn coding veteran and our expert presenter, Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA, in this vital session to stay current with surgical anatomy and terminology. Melanie will share some vital surgery coding & billing tips which will make your job easier. You’ll make error-free, denial-proof claims in ½ the time and get paid faster.
This session will help you:
- Determine when to use the site-specific codes for lesion removal. And, find out which code set is most appropriate.
- Highlight these anatomic landmarks that indicate a physician performed a procedure.
- Is your surgeon using terminology not in CPT? Translate these latest surgical terms into definitive CPT codes.
- Understand the special coding issues related to anatomic sites for more accurate billing.
- Draw a line from your anatomical knowledge to that ultra-specific diagnostic code.
Who should attend? Coders, billers, providers, practice managers in ob-gyn and family practice
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPC-P, CENTC
- Brad Hart, MBA, MS, CMPE, CPC, COBGC
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
- Jim Sheldon-Dean,
- Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS
About Our Speaker
Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA is an independent coding education consultant and a well-known speaker and recognized expert in the area of coding and reimbursement for ob-gyn services. She is the former program manager of the Department of Coding and Nomenclature at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Witt is also the consulting editor for Ob-Gyn Coding Alert.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.