Medicare Preventive Exam for Women: Avoiding the Billing Headaches
Know the Correct Coding and Billing Procedures for Preventive Services to Avoid Denials!
Medicare would like their female patients to believe that they cover an annual exam, but in truth, the preventive visit they allow falls short of what most ob/gyns considered adequate. Coding incorrectly can lead to denials and scrutiny, decreased revenue, or even patient dissatisfaction. Join our expert speaker, Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, on a journey into the confusing world of the Medicare preventive well-woman exam and Pap smear.
During this session you will understand the intricacies of correct billing and how to carve-out additional services. Melanie will provide you bonus handouts that will allow you to quickly code the service with the right modifiers and the correct charges, and make sure your patients understand the service that Medicare covers so they can make an informed consent to additional services.
Here is what you’ll learn:
- What are the elements of a preventive service? Your physician may or may not have documented what is expected.
- What are the elements for the pelvic/breast exam? Learn what is and what is not included so you can know when additional services should be billed.
- When is Pap smear collection allowed? If you think this is a yearly benefit, think again.
- Do you know the Medicare carve-out rules? If you don’t you could be putting yourself in danger of an audit.3
- Will Medicare pay for a problem visit and a preventive pelvic exam? Learn what it takes to avoid denials and correctly document the service.
Who should attend? Coders, billers, practice managers, physicians, non-physician practitioners in ob/gyn, family practice and internal medicine providers in rural settings
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Maryann C. Palmeter, CPC, CENTC
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
About Our Speaker
Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA is an independent coding education consultant and a well-known speaker and recognized expert in the area of coding and reimbursement for ob-gyn services. She is the former program manager of the Department of Coding and Nomenclature at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Witt is also the consulting editor for Ob-Gyn Coding Alert.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.