ICD 10 for Ob-Gyn: Getting To Know What To Expect
Getting On-Board With OB/GYN ICD-10 Diagnosis Coding Changes & Challenges in Transition!
If You Wait To Prepare For ICD-10, You'll Be Too Late.Â While that seems like a long way off, it is never too early to get started on familiarizing yourself with this new system. This can help you and your practice spot weak points, and design effective educational efforts for all coding/billing staff.Â And, the sooner you start becoming familiar with the new coding system, the lesser likely you will face claims denials when the change comes into effect.
Our expert speaker, Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA, in just 60-minute will provide you an overview of future by examining what common ob-gyn codes look like, how to use crosswalks, and the new definitions that tell you how to report different situations.
You will get handout which outlines the differences between the Obstetric Guidelines for ICD10 as compared to ICD-9.Â Register for this 60-minute audio conference now and get tips on how to get involved in the process without making any errors or delay.
Highlights Of The Session
- AAPC and NCHS timetables for implementation so you can make sure you will be ready
- Where to go for ICD10 training and coding resources
- Tips on getting providers on-board with the changes
- Get in tune with the guideline differences between ICD9 and ICD10.
- Grasp the concept behind laterality, placeholder codes and 7th digits to ensure accurate coding
- Learn Why and how crosswalk tables may help or hinder your search for codes
- Become familiar with the ICD10 Chapters that will be most used for ob/gyn coding
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? ob/gyn, maternal fetal specialists, coders, practice managers and billers, Family practice
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA is an independent coding education consultant and a well-known speaker and recognized expert in the area of coding and reimbursement for ob-gyn services. She is the former program manager of the Department of Coding and Nomenclature at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Witt is also the consulting editor for Ob-Gyn Coding Alert.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.