Dear Coding Guru, my physician did XXX but I can not find a code. Confused in Rochester
CPT Rules Regarding Unlisted Ob-Gyn Procedures.
There comes a time in every ob/gyn practice when the provider does something to the patient for which there is no CPT code match. The pat answer is to bill an unlisted code and send in documentation, but the work does not end there. Payers may consider this type of coding an automatic denial.
Join now for this enlightening session presented by expert Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA who'll help you to get proactive with your details and get the claim paid by knowing how to address issues of work equivalencies, what type of documentation the payer wants to see, and alternatives to use the unlisted code in select situations. This session will give you the tools you need to get the reimbursement the practice deserves for the work performed.
Take a look at what you'll learn:
- Do you know the CPT rules regarding unlisted procedures? At this webinar you will learn all the rules so you will be prepared should your payer decide that CPT rules do not apply
- Don’t let the “gossip” about unlisted procedures get you down. All payers must accept unlisted codes, and this webinar will show what the major payers expect in the way of documentation, including Medicare.
- Making your case for physician work for unlisted procedures is only as good as your understanding of “like” procedures. Get some insight on how to find codes that approximate the work.
- If your surgeon performed more than one procedure during the operative session or is now taking the patient back to the OR, using modifiers can be tricky. Find out when and when not to use modifiers with unlisted codes
- Think you can’t code for that? In the practice portion of this webinar we will tackle correct coding for common unlisted ob and gyn procedures.
Who should attend? Coders, billers, practice managers, physicians
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA is an independent coding education consultant and a well-known speaker and recognized expert in the area of coding and reimbursement for ob-gyn services. She is the former program manager of the Department of Coding and Nomenclature at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Witt is also the consulting editor for Ob-Gyn Coding Alert.... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.