Spine Anatomy: What You Don't Know Can Be Trouble
What, Where, When And How To Create a Clean Claim.
Understanding anatomy and medical terminology is one of the secrets of knowing how to code spine procedures. Many coders and billers may only have a limited knowledge of anatomy. What you don’t know could impact your organization’s bottom line. If you don’t understand the what, where, when and/or how of the spine anatomy, you may not use the correct ICD-9 or CPT® code for pre-authorization, may miss a code when you are coding the procedure note and/or you may not know when you should appeal a denial.
In today’s reimbursement environment, where every dollar counts, it is vital to code and bill each of your provider’s spine procedures correctly the first time. Join Marvel J Hammer RN CPC CCS-P ACS-PM CHCO now and know the answers to the spine anatomy questions and the answer to create a clean claim.
Sign up with this 90 minutes audio conference and learn to apply spinal anatomy knowledge to ensure accurate coding.
Highlights Of The Session:
- Demystify the anatomy and physiology of the spinal column.
- ICD-9 'lingo' that deals directly with the spine, i.e. how a suffix can change an ICD code: -osis versus –olysis versus -olisthesis.
- Understand anatomic terms that deal directly with CPT® coding for the spinal procedures i.e. what is the difference between intralaminar and transforaminal.
- Know the key words in a spine procedure note: What to look for when paravertebral facet joint procedures are to be billed.
- Improve your coding prowess with a better understanding of what is behind many of the spine procedure codes.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Pain management, Neurology, PM&R, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, Spine Surgery
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About Our Speaker
Marvel J. Hammer, RN, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, ACS-PM, CHCO, is an accomplished professional considerable years of experience both in the business and medical fields. As owner of MJH Consulting and a coding, billing and compliance consultant, she provides documentation, coding and account receivable auditing and compliance evaluations. Hammer enjoys teaching providers and their staff on correct coding and billing and presents nationally on these topics. Her field of specialties includes...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.