De-mystifying Surgical Modifiers
Every Coder Needs To Know Modifiers Inside And Out - Or You’re Risking Denials, Slashed Reimbursement, And Even Fraud Charges.
When you code for a surgeon in any specialty, choosing the proper modifier for the documented procedure can get tricky. But don’t worry! This surgical modifier round-up session will clear up confusion you have about the modifiers you’ll use most often in your surgical practice.
Join Expert Doris V. Branker, CPC, CPC-I, CIRCC, CEMC, for this 60-minutes information rich session where she'll address how to interpret and apply modifiers and their relation to the surgical package. She'll also address government vs. commercial payer policy variances in modifier application to ensure correct application.
Register now and learn know-how. Additionally get resources/references that can be used in daily coding practice.
The Session Will Include:
- When to use modifiers
- Deciphering between modifiers -58 and -78
- Understanding “same provider” in surgical coding
- Interpreting the surgical package
- Modifier application for the non-physician practitioner (NPP) surgical service
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Medical Coders, Billing and Collections Staff, Billing/Collections Managers
Coding, Compliance Professionals
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Jacqueline Nash Bloink, MBA, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
- Kim Garner-Huey, MJ, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, CPCO
About Our Speaker
Doris Branker, CPC, CPC-I CEMC, CIRCC, is an independent practice management consultant. As a former medical coding and reimbursement instructor, Branker has trained dozens of certified professional coders. She specializes in physician education, compliance and practice management and reimbursement strategies. She holds a Degree in Healthcare Administration and has more than 10 years of experience in the reimbursement arena.
In addition to consulting, Branker currently works for a... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.