Brush Up On CPT Modifiers
Improve Your Bottom line With CPT® Modifiers!
Modifiers are an integral part of CPT® coding and many times the description of the services provided cannot be completed without the use of modifiers. The use of modifiers is not only important to ensure that the provider's services are properly reimbursed but it also effects compliant coding of services provided. Thus, it is important for the physician, the coder and the biller to understand how to use and document for modifiers to maintain coding and billing compliance and ensure rightful reimbursement for physician's practice.
Register with this 60-minute audio conference where our expert speaker Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CENTC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC will explain the difference between E&M only, global and bundling related modifiers and how they affect coding and payment. Also, learn to address what must be documented to support each modifier as appropriate, how the global period is effected by the modifier usage.
You will be provided with a two sided reference chart on modifiers and examples will be given on how to use each modifier, giving the difference when there seems to be blurring lines and the resultant confusion.
You’ll walk away with a good understanding of the:
- Optimizing your payment for rendered services
- Payment for services performed in the global period of other services
- Compliant coding and billing because of proper coding and documentation for appropriate modifiers
- Tools to appeal when payments are not properly rendered
- Understand the difference between E&M only, Global, and Bundling related modifiers and how they affect coding and payment
Who should attend? Physicians, Office Managers/administrators, billers, coders, billing Managers/Supervisors
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Barbara J. Cobuzzi is President of CRN Healthcare Solutions in Tinton Falls, NJ. She holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an MBA from New York University. She holds certifications from the AAPC as a CPC, CPC-H, and a CPC-I. She also holds a specialty certification in Otolaryngology (CENTC). Ms Cobuzzi is a past member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.