Brush Up On CPT Modifiers
Improve Your Bottom line With CPT® Modifiers!
Modifiers are an integral part of CPT® coding and many times the description of the services provided cannot be completed without the use of modifiers. The use of modifiers is not only important to ensure that the provider's services are properly reimbursed but it also effects compliant coding of services provided. Thus, it is important for the physician, the coder and the biller to understand how to use and document for modifiers to maintain coding and billing compliance and ensure rightful reimbursement for physician's practice.
Register with this 60-minute audio conference where our expert speaker Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CENTC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC will explain the difference between E&M only, global and bundling related modifiers and how they affect coding and payment. Also, learn to address what must be documented to support each modifier as appropriate, how the global period is effected by the modifier usage.
You will be provided with a two sided reference chart on modifiers and examples will be given on how to use each modifier, giving the difference when there seems to be blurring lines and the resultant confusion.
You’ll walk away with a good understanding of the:
- Optimizing your payment for rendered services
- Payment for services performed in the global period of other services
- Compliant coding and billing because of proper coding and documentation for appropriate modifiers
- Tools to appeal when payments are not properly rendered
- Understand the difference between E&M only, Global, and Bundling related modifiers and how they affect coding and payment
Who should attend? Physicians, Office Managers/administrators, billers, coders, billing Managers/Supervisors
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Brad Hart, MBA, MS, CMPE, CPC, COBGC
- Jim Sheldon-Dean,
- Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS
- Terry Fletcher, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CMC, CMSCS, CCS-P, CCS
About Our Speaker
Barbara J. Cobuzzi is President of CRN Healthcare Solutions in Tinton Falls, NJ. She holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an MBA from New York University. She holds certifications from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a CPC (physician coder), CPC-H (hospital outpatient coder), CPC-P (payer coder), a CPC-I (coding instructor) and a CPCO (certified professional compliance officer). She...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.