Your Ultra-Coding Guide to OB Ultrasound
The new ICD-9 codes should make obstetric ultrasound claims easier, but payers are making it tougher to collect than ever before.
Just when you thought you could use the new ICD-9 codes to support your obstetric ultrasound claims, some payers have limited the number of ultrasounds per pregnancy -- and others now require special certification to bill for them at all. Let our expert coding consultant Melanie Witt, RN, CPC-OBGYN, MA, arm you with the information you need to overcome reimbursement objections and correctly bill for each procedure so you can collect very dime you deserve.
- You can report multiple ultrasound procedures if you know how to document them -- learn the right and wrong ways to do it.
- You can get payment for a screening ultrasound -- find out which ICD-9 codes will support your claim.
- Can't decide which code to report? Find out how to determine the most appropriate codes based on gestation and work performed.
- Tackle problematic bundling issues. Plus, what Medicare says -- and what to do if your commercial payer adopts these rules.
- Special bonus: Get a copy of Melanie's ultrasound checklist and list of viable diagnosis codes.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? Coding professionals, billers, ultrasound techs and practice managers. Additionally, physicians will benefit from learning to correctly document the types of ultrasound exams they perform and interpret.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA is an independent coding education consultant and a well-known speaker and recognized expert in the area of coding and reimbursement for ob-gyn services. She is the former program manager of the Department of Coding and Nomenclature at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Witt is also the consulting editor for Ob-Gyn Coding Alert.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.