Use Modifiers 25 and 59 Without Fear of the OIG
Stay one step ahead of the OIG when it comes to these misused modifiers.
If you're worried that adding modifiers 25 and 59 to your claims might spark a federal audit, you're absolutely right. The feds have been on the lookout for these modifiers since 2005 and are still watching for providers that run afoul of modifier rules. Don't be afraid of 25 and 59. Instead, learn the rules so you can modify with confidence. Join coding and billing expert Betty Johnson for this critical audioconference where you’ll learn what not to do with modifiers 25 and 59 AND you’ll walk away with the confidence that you can use them for better reimbursement.
Here's what you will learn:
- Good, bad and ugly: the OIG’s findings on modifier 25 and 59 use.
- The most common ways practices are misusing 25 and 59 -- is your practice guilty?
- Expert documentation pointers to ensure proper modifier 25 application.
- Crucial information from the NCCI manual coders miss when they only concentrate on edits.
- Do NOT use modifier 59 in these instances -- the more appropriate modifier may surprise you!
- Can I use modifier 25 when a patient has been scheduled for a procedure? Find out here.
- Recommendations for 25 and 59 modifier use straight from the OIG.
- Step-by-step instructions to ensure modifier use and reporting compliance.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? Coders, billers, auditors, compliance officers, and anyone in practice or facility settings who deal with CPT codes on claims.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room.
Order Below or Call 800-874-9180 Today
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Dorothy D. Steed, CPC-H, CHCC, CPUM, CPUR, CPHM, CPMA, ACS
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Andrew B. Wachler,
- Maryann C. Palmeter, CPC, CENTC
About Our Speaker
Betty A. Johnson is a 19-year veteran healthcare consultant in physician coding, billing, and education. She is the president and CEO of CPC Solutions, Inc. and serves on the National Advisory Board of the American Academy of Professional Coders as the Member Relations Officer – East. Mrs. Johnson is an acclaimed Academy workshop leader; presenting coding and billing related topics across the country. She is also a featured writer for the...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.