Top 10 Common Coding Mistakes
Stop Needless Denials — Avoid These Top 10 Coding Mistakes
Are coding errors plaguing your claims and costing your practice money? Every dollar matters these days and your practice can’t afford to throw away deserved reimbursement dollars because of common coding mistakes. Many coding errors are avoidable if you know what to look for.
Join Leesa A. Israel, BA, CPC, CUC, CMBS in this 60 minutes event and learn the top 10 pitfalls coders fall into and how to avoid them, so that you’re guaranteed to bring in more money and avoid costly, time-consuming denials. Also learn about the 10 most common coding mistakes that practices make; and unlock the secrets to error-free coding so you don’t become a victim of errors such as misplaced modifiers, improper unbundling, and undercoding.
Session Will Cover:
- Specificity is key when choosing a diagnosis code, but are you missing one essential dx coding tip that can make or break your claim? Find out in this session!
- Modifiers give payers the additional information needed to get your claim paid, but if you choose the wrong one you might generate an automatic denial. Learn how to avoid this catch-22
- Undercoding is just as detrimental as overcoding — find out why.
- If coders don’t have access to charts and op reports, you’re asking for denials and audits — uncover the hidden documentation clues that ensure proper coding.
- If you’re not keeping up with ever-changing coding rules, your coding and, therefore, your reimbursement will suffer. Tackle this challenge by discovering what you need to stay up to date.
Who should attend? Medical coders, billers, practice managers, physicians
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
- Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Maryann C. Palmeter, CPC, CENTC
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- David Glaser,
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
About Our Speaker
Leesa A. Israel, BA, CPC, CUC, CMBS, specializes in medical coding and reimbursement for physician practices, as well as billing and collections policies and strategies.
Leesa is currently the manager of the Coding Institute’s Consulting & Revenue Cycle Solutions. In this role, she provides auditing, consulting, and education services to practices around the country in a variety of areas, including urology, general surgery, and evaluation and management.
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.