"Part A" Compensation for Pathologists: Discover Your Options
Don't get caught short... Make sure you're getting proper compensation.
It's often hard for pathologists and hospitals to decide how much lab medical directorship compensation is appropriate and affordable. In addition, both parties need to understand and consider their options for funding that compensation.
By attending this session, you'll be able to describe a recommended way to determine the value of pathologist lab medical director duties and to enumerate the various ways you can go about generating sufficient funds to cover that compensation.
Here's what you'll learn:
- What pathologist "Part A" services to a hospital can be compensated by or through the hospital
- Pathologists differ from other hospital-based physicians in terms of both quantity of "Part A" services and focus of those duties - find out what this means to you
- A time analysis by each pathologist is the primary foundation for valuing the group's "Part A" services
- Accommodating equitable "Part A" compensation is an obligation of hospitals
- There are various ways to structure a "Part A" compensation package for pathologist services to hospitals
- Funding of pathologist "Part A" duties includes the possibility of separate billing of professional component of clinical lab test fees by the pathologists
- The professional service agreement between a hospital and its pathologists must fully support the final "Part A" compensation arrangement that's agreed to by the parties
Who should attend? Pathologists, pathology practice administrators, hospital chief financial officers, and hospital laboratory managers.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About Our Speaker
Dennis L. Padget is President and founder of DLPadget Enterprises, Inc. in Simpsonville, Kentucky, publisher of Pathology Service Coding Handbook. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a Fellow in the Healthcare Financial Management Association. He has an MBA degree from the University of Chicago and a BA degree from the University of Northern Iowa.
Padget is a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, the American Pathology... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.