Outsourced Billing And Management: Avoid Regulatory Traps
Outsourcing Front And Back Office Functions Can Cause Regulatory Traps. Here Is How You Can Prevent Your Practice Fall Prey To The Traps!
Many health care facilities and providers have turned to laypersons and companies to handle some or all front and back office functions. These resources are typically not licensed, not subject to regulatory scrutiny and may be based domestically or overseas. This type of delegation is often touted as saving costs and allowing providers to focus on patient care rather than administrative functions.
Delegating responsibilities in this manner, however, does not relieve the health care provider or facility from responsibility for regulatory compliance with respect to the outsourced functions. Further, under state and federal laws, some functions should not be assigned to non-licensed persons. Likewise, it is necessary to do due diligence to be sure that a company or layperson can make good on errors or noncompliance.
Join nationally-known healthcare attorney & expert Wayne J. Miller, Esq., for a 60-minutes audio conference. He'll explore the risks and traps to avoid in outsourcing front and back office functions. Wayne will discuss areas to focus on in vetting possible candidates for outsourced billing and management functions.
Here is what you'll learn:
- Do contract billing companies or managers need any special status?
- Functions that may not be delegated under state and Medicare laws
- Special concerns pertaining to offshore contractors
- Compensation arrangements that pass regulatory scrutiny
- Ensuring HIPAA compliance by outsource companies
- Billing responsibilities that providers always retain
- Best practices for due diligence of candidates for outsourcing.
Who should attend? physicians, medical groups, medical group administrators or managers, hospitals, long term care facilities and health care consultants
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Wayne J. Miller, Esq., is a founding partner of the Compliance Law Group, Los Angeles, a law firm focused on health care industry legal compliance for clients nationwide. Wayne has practiced healthcare business and regulatory law throughout his 30-year career. His firm represents a wide range of healthcare industry clients throughout the nation. He is a frequent speaker for The Coding Institute national teleconferences on healthcare reimbursement, transactional and regulatory...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.