Medical Coding 101 for Non-Coders
You don't have to be out of the coding loop anymore!
Is medical coding one of those things that?s Greek to you, and you wish you were more in-the-know? Understanding the basics of both diagnostic (ICD-9) and procedural (CPT) codes is a great feather to have in your hat if you work in the healthcare industry. So why not start now?
Join nationally-known coding expert Suzan Hvizdash, CPC, CPC-EMS, CPC-EDS, during this 1-hour teleconference to hear an overview of the most critical information every healthcare professional should know about coding. You?ll walk away with knowledge that can only benefit your organization and your relationship with your coding and billing staff, and you?ll have a great jump-start if you?re planning on getting your coding certification.
In this jam-packed session you?ll learn:
- What needs to be coded: Suzan maps it out from start to finish.
- The diagnoses: What ICD-9 codes look like and how providers select them.
- The procedures: A brief introduction to the CPT book and its sections.
- What HCPCS codes are and when coders should use them.
- Top 4 coding reference books every coder should have on their desks.
- On the horizon: A brief introduction into ICD-10 and how it will affect the healthcare industry.
Bonus: If you still have questions at the end, you can ask Suzan directly during an interactive Q&A!
Who should attend: Physicians, nurses, clinicians, and other professionals who would like to learn more about coding.
Your registration includes:
- Risk-free enrollment! Scheduling conflict? No problem! This session is also available on CD!
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use!
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room!
Order Below Or Call 800-874-9180 Today!
About Our Speaker
Suzan Berman, CPC, CEMC, CEDC, Senior Manager of Coding Education and Billing Compliance for UPMC-Physician Services Division is responsible for teaching 500+ staff/faculty/physician extenders documentation and billing requirements. She supervises a group of auditors and works with groups to establish appropriate electronic medical record systems. In addition to her position with UPMC, she serves on the Ingenix Coding and Referential Advisory Board and is also an Editorial Advisory Board Member...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.