How to Handle Incurred But Not Reported Health Insurance Claims
Here’s How to Augment Bottom-Line Revenues by Understanding IBNR Healthcare Claims
One of most critical financial issues of the PP-ACA and contemporary healthcare and medical reimbursement is known as Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) healthcare claims. IBNR claims are an indirect result of prospective payments systems, the insurance industry and commercial risk contracts, and to some extent fee-for-service medicine. IBNR claims represent a risk and an opportunity for managed care companies, healthcare organizations, clinics, physicians and related medical providers alike.
Join this enlightening event presented by expert speaker Dr. David Edward Marcinko MBA CMP™who will provide you detailed insights on IBNR claims so that you do not face any compliance risk and optimize your organization's bottom line
Here is a brief sample of some details you may learn:
- Historical Review
- What Is an IBNR Claim?
- IBNR Problems for Healthcare Organizations
- IBNR Claims — Management Volume and Consequences
- Inadequate Cash Flows
- Reserve Shortfalls and Fiscal Instability
- Inaccurate Pricing
- Administrative Cost Increases
- Regulatory Sanctions
- Managed Care Organization Exacerbation of IBNR Claims
- IBNR from a Net Present Value Perspective
- Tax Strategies for IBNRs
1. IRS Rules and Regulations
2. IBNR Tax Qualifications for Managed Care Organizations
3. How Managed Care Organizations Intensify IBNRs
4. How Does IBNR Affect Net Present Value?
- IBNR Challenges and Solutions
1. Tax and Court Penalties
a. IRC Section 4958
b. Excess Benefit Definition
c. Taxes under Section 4958
2. Tax Deductibility
- Potential Solutions to the IBNR Challenge
- IBNR Calculations and Methodology
1. Actuarial Data Analysis
2. Open Referral Analysis
3. Historic Cost Analysis
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? All charge-master coordinators, coding personnel, billing and claims transaction personnel, internal auditing personnel; and financial and compliance personnel! And, all administrators, accountants, comptrollers, office managers, billing clerks and physician-executives, CFOs, CXOs and other interested parties.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Dr. David Edward Marcinko MBA CMP™ is founding CEO of the Institute of Medical Business Advisors. iMBA Inc is a leading national scope provider of real time medical practice management reports, books, dictionaries, journals, financial planning and advisory opinions, Fair Market Value appraisals and educational seminars. The firm serves physicians, nurses and medical societies; financial advisors, wealth managers and CPAs; emerging healthcare entities, hospitals, clinics, IPAs...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.