Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: 5 Crucial Tactics to Get Correct Payment
Think coding and documenting endoscopic sinus surgery is pretty straight-forward? Think again.
Endoscopic sinus surgery is the bread-and-butter surgery for most otolaryngology practices. But unfortunately, many practices -- both small and large -- have a basic misunderstanding about how to code and document this surgery properly, according to recent audits. Don't let improper coding cheat your otolaryngology practice out of well-deserved reimbursement -- join our expert speaker Barbara Cobuzzi for this informative and eye-opening 90-minute audio seminar to get the proven advice that will get you the right payments.
In partnership with:
Here's what you will learn:
- Learn what really supports medical necessity for endoscopic sinus surgery -- and what your documentation might be missing.
- Key items to locate in the op note to support medical necessity for different endoscopic sinus surgery codes.
- What you must document for stereotactic surgery and how to support medical necessity.
- Discover the right way to code pre- and post-operative care.
- Understand managed care rules, including precertification and ensure correct documentation to get the reimbursement you deserve.
- 5 crucial factors to get your rightful payment -- and if you fall short on even one, you won't be able to fight for your reimbursement.
- How CT scans affect justifying medical necessity.
Who should attend? Otolaryngology physicians, office administrators, managers and supervisors, coders, coding supervisors and managers, billers, billing managers and supervisors, and non-physician practitioners, as well as audiologists and allergists.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Brad Hart, MBA, MS, CMPE, CPC, COBGC
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- David Glaser,
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
About Our Speaker
Barbara J. Cobuzzi is President of CRN Healthcare Solutions in Tinton Falls, NJ. She holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an MBA from New York University. She holds certifications from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a CPC (physician coder), CPC-H (hospital outpatient coder), CPC-P (payer coder), a CPC-I (coding instructor) and a CPCO (certified professional compliance officer). She...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.