Condition Code 44: Know it All
Don’t Grab RAC's attention by Improperly Using Condition Code 44!
There is still a lot of confusion on how to report Condition Code 44. Physicians may order inpatient admissions, but after review it is determined that the level of care does not meet admission criteria.Now in those circumstances, many physicians are not aware of the proper documentation process. Hospitals that routinely use Condition Code 44 may send up red flags to RACs that they do not have the proper protocols in place.
Join this information packed event, and get the necessary tips required to report Condition Code 44 from our expert Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CPC, CCS. Also, get the handouts on Medicare guidelines for Condition Code 44 and compliance checklists for physician observation coding.
In the session, the spotlight will be on:
- Condition Code 44.
- The medical necessities required and how to distinguish between Inpatient and Observation Services.
- How to correctly report observation services, when using Condition Code 44.
- Knowing the requirements for applying Condition code 44.
- Knowing the status changes post billing.
- Physician know-how required for documentation.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Coding professionals, billing specialist, practice managers, HIM directors, compliance officers, case managers and, physicians
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About Our Speaker
Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS, is Director of Physician Services for a large health system in Daytona Beach, Florida. Her nineteen years of healthcare experience includes seven years in finance and four years in compliance. Kunz is a national speaker and published author on topics related to medical practice compliance issues, coding and reimbursement, chart audits and federal regulations. She presents workshops for the American Academy of...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.