Colonoscopy-Coding Confusion: Expert Tips and Answers Revealed
Learn the right way to bill screening-turned-diagnostic colonoscopies -- or risk your reimbursement.
You may think that you know how to bill screening colonoscopies properly -- but if you aren't heeding recent coding changes for colonoscopy services, you're risking serious OIG scrutiny. You need to be up-to-date on Medicare rule changes to get the reimbursement you deserve, to stay out of hot water with the feds -- and to ensure that you aren't putting your patients' copays and deductibles totally out-of-whack. In this 1-hour audio session, our coding expert Jill Young, CPC, will reveal common colonoscopy-billing errors and how you can get your colonoscopy-screening coding back on track.
Here's what you will learn:
- Why the OIG has colonoscopies on its 2009 Workplan -- and what this means for you.
- Discover what specific colorectal cancer screening services CMS is prohibiting.
- What "pre-screening" services are appropriate to provide to patients? The answer may surprise you.
- Learn the procedural coding and billing rules for when your screening colonoscopy turns into a diagnostic colonoscopy.
- The documentation you need and the right modifiers to use with screening codes to get proper reimbursement every time.
Who should attend? Gastroenterology physicians, office and practice managers, coders, and billers.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Thomas Force,
- Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS
- Susie T. Harris, PhD , MBA , RHIA , CCS, AHIMA/ICD-10 PCS
About Our Speaker
Jill Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, is the Principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. A company founded 11 years ago to meet the education and compliance needs of physicians and their staff.
Jill has over 30 years of medical experience working in all areas of the medical practice including clinical, billing and rounding with physicians.Her comments and opinions can be seen in several publications and also heard on a variety... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.