Avoid Lost Payments, Messy Coding: The Do's and Don'ts of Leveling OB Visits
Warning: You could be losing serious reimbursement from documenting postpartum visits the "wrong way."Just because your global obstetric care includes antepartum and postpartum visits doesn't mean your job is done. You still need to assign a level of service to each visit like any other patient encounter -- but Medicare documentation guidelines might as well be written in Greek. Tackle improper coding and lost reimbursement for additionally billable E/M services by attending this 1-hour audio session with our expert speaker Melanie Witt. She'll walk you through E/M outpatient services' different levels for antepartum and postpartum care. She'll then guide you in finding the most appropriate substitutes -- so you can defend your coding choices should a payer start snooping.
Here's what you will learn:
- The #1 mistake providers make when choosing the level of antepartum service.
- Documentation comparison: Does your documentation capture the essential elements to support the service -- or even a higher level?
- The right way and the wrong way to document the postpartum visit -- are you reporting (and supporting) the correct level?
- Why counseling time and content is crucial for initial OB visits -- and how to document it correctly.
- When and where to count documented fetal movements or fetal presentation -- expert tips to make this easy.
- How to make Medicare documentation guidelines "fit" for obstetric care.
Have additional questions about leveling obstetric visits? You can ask the speaker live during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? Coders, billers, practice managers and physicians who deal with leveling issues for antepartum and postpartum visits.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Melanie Witt, RN, CPC, COBGC, MA is an independent coding education consultant and a well-known speaker and recognized expert in the area of coding and reimbursement for ob-gyn services. She is the former program manager of the Department of Coding and Nomenclature at the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Witt is also the consulting editor for Ob-Gyn Coding Alert.... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.