Allergy Coding, Billing & Documentation Best Practices!
Keep Your Claims Clean By Accurately Coding For Allergy; and Optimize Your Reimbursement!
Allergy coding and billing is infamous for being one of the most misunderstood practice. Identifying the array of allergy testing, who can do the test and how to bill it—leaves the allergy coder puzzled.
Register for this riveting session with Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CENTC, CHCC, and understand the details of allergy coding and billing.
Take a look at the highlights:
- 2013 Update on Allergy CPT Codes
- What codes do you use for specific allergy testing?
- What is the difference between incremental allergy testing and SET allergy testing?
- How is the preparation of allergy serum coded and billed for Medicare and how does that differ for private insurance?
- What documentation is necessary for allergy testing and allergy desensitization shots?
- What are the supervision requirements for allergy operations within the practice?
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Coders, Office Managers, Billing Managers, Nurse Allergists, Physicians, Billers
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Caral Edelberg, CPC, CPMA, CAC, CCS-P, CHC
- Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS
- Betty A. Hovey, CPC, CPC-H, CPB, CPMA, CPC-I, CPCD
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPC-P, CENTC
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
About Our Speaker
Barbara J. Cobuzzi is President of CRN Healthcare Solutions in Tinton Falls, NJ. She holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an MBA from New York University. She holds certifications from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a CPC (physician coder), CPC-H (hospital outpatient coder), CPC-P (payer coder), a CPC-I (coding instructor) and a CPCO (certified professional compliance officer). She...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.