Accurately Determine Detailed Level E/M Examinations with the '4x4' Rule
Don't let the lack of defined parameters in the 1995 CMS Guidelines confuse your Level of Examination.
Is it a body area? Is it an organ system? Does it matter? While the 1997 CMS Evaluation and Management Guidelines may be clear cut – you use the 1995 guidelines. And sometimes, determining the level of E/M examination can be a bit tricky because of the lack of clear-cut guidelines. That's where Colleen Wade, CPC, CPC-H, CEMC, CPC-I, PCS can help you. During this 1-hour audio event Colleen will break down the "4x4" rule for you. The 4x4 rule not only is a defined measure for E/M documentation, it can also help to clarify a Detailed Examination.
This E/M coding session covers:
- Zoom in on the nuts and bolts of a Detailed Examination according to the 1995 E/M Guidelines AND a Detailed Examination means according to the 1997 E/M Guidelines
- Hear first hand analysis of the "4x4" rule:
- A consistent method to determine when documentation supports a Detailed examination.
- A clear cut method to ensure Detailed Examination levels are accurate.
- Detailed examination coding tool that will stand up to reviews.
- Some carriers require the "4x4" method when determining a detailed level of examination – does yours?
- Plus: Discussion on challenges in capturing an undefined detailed examination in your EMR and how the “4X4” rule can help.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? Coders, Auditors, Physicians, Non-Physician Practitioners, Compliance Personnel.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room.
Order Below or Call 800-874-9180 Today
About Our Speaker
Colleen has been in healthcare for 14 years. She has worked in a variety of positions and settings giving her a broad knowledge base. She has been working as a Coding and Billing Auditor doing compliance audits and conducting Provider and Staff Education.
Colleen has previously worked as a Provider and Clinical Documentation Educator, in Accounts Receivable, as a Front Desk person, a Medical Assistant, a Laboratory Nursing... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.