Compliance Update- OIG Work Plan & E/M Trend
Are You Prepared Against Increased Audits ? OIG has heightened scrutiny, and we all need to pull up our socks to ensure compliance !!
The OIG released a much awaited report on Coding Trends, for Medicare E/M Services on 19th May2012. This report is the first in a series of evaluation of E/M services. Subsequent evaluations will determine the appropriateness of Medicare payments for E/M services, and the extent of documentation vulnerabilities in E/M services. So you have to decide if you are well prepared for increased audit activities.
Join this informative audio conference presented by our expert speaker Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CPC, CCS, where Elin will review the latest audit issues, including the 2012 OIG Work Plan for Physicians and the hot topics every physician office need to know. Also, last year HHS & CMS announced new technology to fight Medicare Fraud, enabling the government's ability to collect and analyze information rather than evaluating one claim at a time.
Plus: you will be provided with handouts which you can use in future to refer:
- Documentation Tips for Common Coding Issues.
- Physician E/M Services Training Checklist.
- Instructions on how to download Medicare’s EM data for bell curves..
Here Is What You'll Learn:
- Increased Government Scrutiny –increased error rates. Learn to combat increased scrutiny.
- Understand the new focus of E/M Services- OIG’s latest report.
- Understanding how do physicians get selected for audit?
- Top Physician Audit Targets & E/M Risk Areas.
- Documentation tips to ensure correct coding.
Who should attend? Compliance Manager, Compliance Officer, Risk Manager, HIPAA Officer, Chief Information Officer, Health Information Manager, Medical Office Manager, Medical Practice Lawyer, CFO, CEO, COO, Privacy Officer, Information Security Officer, Coding professionals, billing specialist, practice managers, HIM directors, compliance officers, case managers and, physicians.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS, is Director of Physician Services for a large health system in Daytona Beach, Florida. Her nineteen years of healthcare experience includes seven years in finance and four years in compliance. Kunz is a national speaker and published author on topics related to medical practice compliance issues, coding and reimbursement, chart audits and federal regulations. She presents workshops for the American Academy of...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.