Medicare 60-Day Refund Rule: Impact On Provider Billing
CMS Publishes Rule on Return of Medicare Overpayments To Control Fraud Measures!
The Health Reform Act specifies a procedure for providers receiving overpayments. Section 6402 of the PPACA states that Medicare overpayments are to repaid to the government within 60 days of discovery. The law however raises a number of questions which providers hoped would be answered in recent rules issued by CMS. However, clarifications are still needed, and because the law is already effective, providers need guidance in implementing this law. It is critical that overpayments be handled strictly in accordance with the requirements, because failure to do so could result in a fraud claim with possible civil or even criminal penalties.
Join Wayne J. Miller, Esq., for this 60-minute audio conference where he’ll discuss the known requirements of the new 60-day rule, as well as the issues still being addressed. Wayne will also discuss best practices for overpayment procedures to meet the intent and spirit of the new law; and the impact of any U.S. Supreme Court decision as to PPACA as a whole on the enforceability of the rule.
Highlights Of The Session:
- What is the basic rule regarding the return of Medicare overpayments
- What the rule says, and what it doesn’t address
- Potential liability for violating the law, and how to avoid it
- When the 60 day repayment period starts
- What to do if a payment’s status is disputed
- Impact of PPACA Supreme Court decision on the rule’s enforceability
- Best practices for addressing potential overpayments by Medicare
Who should attend? CEO, CFO, COO, CIO, Directors, Compliance Officer, Physicians, Administrators, business office managers, billers, coders, contract negotiators
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Debra Phairas, MBA
- Charlene Ross, MSN, MBA, RN
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- John E. Steiner, Jr., Esq., CHC
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
About Our Speaker
Wayne J. Miller, Esq., is a founding partner of the Compliance Law Group, Los Angeles, a law firm focused on health care industry legal compliance for clients nationwide. Wayne has practiced healthcare business and regulatory law throughout his 30-year career. His firm represents a wide range of healthcare industry clients throughout the nation. He is a frequent speaker for The Coding Institute national teleconferences on healthcare reimbursement, transactional and regulatory...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.