How To Defend A Take-back Or Refund Request From A Commercial Insurer
Improper Response To Refund Requests Can End In Paying Penalties. Here’s How You Can Protect Yourself!
Almost every healthcare provider has received a letter from a commercial insurer seeking refunds from previously paid claims. Some of these letters originate from Special Investigation Units. Regardless of whether you are in or out of network, it is imperative for the provider to understand how to respond to these demands. An insufficient response could result in a several thousand dollar recoupment as well as professional licensure suspension.
Sign up for this 60-minute audio event presented by expert speaker, Thomas J. Force and protect yourself from any penalties. You will get the checklist of items to include in response letters and also the references to state and federal statutes and case law.
Take a look at what this session will cover:
- Learn about the items to include in the take-back response letter.
- Understand what initial communications are required.
- ERISA demands to be included in the response letter.
- Understand the use of regulatory bodies.
- Learn about the litigation strategies.
Who should attend? Primarily health care providers, but also billing and accounting staff, hospital administrative personnel and healthcare attorneys
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Marvel J. Hammer, RN, CPC, CCS-P, ACS-PM, CPCO
- Thomas Force,
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPC-P, CENTC
About Our Speaker
Thomas Force, a licensed attorney, ERISA litigator and former US Marine, is a national expert of revenue strategies and appeals strategies. He has filed and settled literally thousands of healthcare claims, many through litigation.
Mr. Force is a frequent speaker of ERISA principles of revenue recovery and out of network claims. He is President and founder of The Patriot Group, a full service revenue recovery and physician advocacy... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.