Case Management Roles and Models Simplified : Part 1 And Part 2
Join this sought after session where our expert speaker Toni Cesta, Ph.D., RN, FAAN, will show you the roles and functions needed in today’s case management department. The roles include coordination and facilitation of care, utilization and resource management, outcome management, discharge and transitional planning and many others. The roles of nurse case managers and social workers is needed to be clearly understood, so that resources can be deployed adequately and effectively.
Learning Objectives for Part 1:
- Review the roles of today’s case manager and social worker in the acute care setting.
- Best ways in which to create the case management department of the future.
- Understand the functions that can be applied to each case management role.
- Apply these roles and functions to your own case management department.
- And much more
A Review of Models and Staffing Ratios.
In Part 2, you will learn to apply the roles and functions needed in department for best practice models. Toni will discuss other adaptations that can be made to the core models to assist hospitals in their response to health care reform, Accountable Care Organizations, and case management across the continuum of care. Case management models are the foundation that supports all the work in the case management department. The application of the roles and functions must be within a framework and the model provides that structure. In addition to the roles, functions and model design, appropriate staffing ratios must be used. Gone are the days of the past when case management departments could get by with minimal staffing and no vacancy coverage for vacation, holidays and sick days. Today’s department must be staffed based on ratios that have been tested and are deemed best practice.
Learning Objectives for Part 2:
- Discuss two best practice case management models.
- Review various adaptations that can be made to these models.
- Understand the minimum staffing ratios needed for these models to be successful.
- And much more
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Toni G. Cesta, Ph.D., RN, FAAN is Senior Vice President – Operational Efficiency and Capacity Management at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. In her position, Dr. Cesta is responsible for case management, social work, discharge planning, utilization management, denial management, bed management, the patient navigator program, the clinical documentation improvement program and systems process improvement. The author of eight books, and a frequently sought after speaker, lecturer and...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.