Auditing, Overpayments and Self-Reporting
Audit Your Audits to Cover Your Bottom … Line!
If you treat billing and compliance audits like routine car inspections, you're missing the point. These perfunctory requirements do more than simply appease the government; they can show you where your organization might be losing reimbursement it's entitled to.
Billing and compliance audits can make your billing more accurate and thorough, as well as ensure that all the services your organization renders are appropriately documented, charged and paid. Register now to check out these vital tips from expert presenter, Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., CFP.
This session will help you:
- Understand the broad spectrum of compliance areas to which hospitals, systems, physicians and clinics are subjected.
- Understand the severity of current compliance issues, the auditing process, and associated penalties.
- Review issues relating to RAC, OIG and Medicare audits.
- Review different auditing methods and approaches.
- Determine why auditing is a critical component of healthcare provider compliance plans.
- Figure out what and how often you should audit.
- Have overpayments and/or underpayments? CMS says to do this.
- Highlight who can conduct audits.
- Put your policies and procedures in writing.
- Challenge yourself with these case studies and apply what you’ve learned.
Who should attend? All personnel involved with compliance, coding, billing and reimbursement, financial analysts, health information management personnel, financial personnel, patient financial services personnel, chargemaster coordinators, provider-based clinic and/or clinical operations personnel, physicians and practitioners, and other interested personnel.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CCS-P, PCE, MCS-P, AC
- Diana W. Voorhees, M.A., CLS, MT, SH, CLCP
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Wayne J. Miller, Esq.
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D. is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.