Understanding Immediate Jeopardy: Why It Happens and How to Avoid It
Keep your long term care facility away from the snares of immediate jeopardy.
"Immediate Jeopardy" are the last two words you want to see on a survey. They can mean anything from fines of $3,000+ per day to an actual termination of your provider agreement. So anything you can do to keep things running smoothly is a smart move.
If you’re overwhelmed at the potential of an Immediate Jeopardy sanction with so many F-tags to keep track of, help is here. Let topic expert Joseph L. Bianculli, Esq. offer a healthcare attorney's view of what Immediate Jeopardy means as a whole. This will give you tools you can apply to ALL the regulations you must follow to keep your long term care facility in ship shape.
Here's what you will learn:
- What surveyors usually cite in immediate jeopardy cases ... the answer may surprise you.
- The bad and the ugly: Consequences for your immediate jeopardy citation.
- Get the lowdown on the criteria surveyors are using when they check out your facility.
- Think administration F-tags are immune to immediate jeopardy sanctions? Think again! Find out how to avoid this trap.
- Avoid these irreversible traps: What administrative law judges are sustaining in appeals court.
- Think you were unfairly tagged with IJ? Here’s what to do next.
- PLUS: If you have lingering questions, you have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A!
Your registration includes:
- Risk-free enrollment! Scheduling conflict? No problem! This session is also available on CD!
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complementary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use!
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room!