Facing HIPAA Challenges in Long Term Care
It could be just a matter of time before you have a breach of privacy...
The typical length of the facility-resident relationship generates a huge amount of medical information for any one patient. And, that's just the tip of the iceberg. The laws and regulations, technologies, and - often - in-house staff are constantly changing.
Join healthcare attorneys Layna S. Cook & Christopher DeMeo for this 1-hour, information filled, audio and web event where they will guide you through the most perilous of HIPAA pitfalls as they pertain to legal issues relating to patient privacy. Layna and Chris will also show you some of the best ways to manage your medical records.
Plus: HIPAA Breach Notification compliance is here, you need to know what to do and how to do it. Layna and Chris will guide you through the complexities of Protected Health Information breaches and how to properly respond.
Here's a sample of what Layna and Chris will cover in this 1-hour session:
- The fundamentals HIPAA are always worth revisiting.
- Watch out: New HITECH amendments and regulations are coming.
- Zoom in on some of the most effective ways to communicate patient information.
- Security breach? Here's how to notify patients and/or appropriate authorities.
- A+ list of policies and procedures to maintain the privacy of patient records.
- Things that you need to consider for business associate relationships and agreements.
- Plus: The importance of workforce awareness and training for privacy considerations.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS
- Keri Hart, MS, CCC-SLP, CHHRP-QT, RAC-CT, VP
- Arlene Maxim, RN
- Robert W. Markette, Jr., CHC
- Elisa Bovee, MS, OTR/L
About Our Speaker
Layna S. Cook is a member of McGlinchey Stafford PLLC's Baton Rouge office. She practices in the healthcare section representing clients in both regulatory and litigation matters. She routinely advises clients on state and federal regulations that affect health care entities. She represents clients before a wide variety of regulatory and licensing agencies. She also has extensive experience in healthcare related litigation.
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.