2012 Internal Medicine Coding Update
Don't grind to a coding halt - Get the codes you need, to keep on rolling in 2012.
Changes in both diagnosis and procedure codes, can affect your everyday claims processing. Get the latest information and understand what the code changes mean to your practice.
Instead of: working like heck to make sure you're using the new codes correctly, combing over the big, thick new CPT book for changes that are relevant, and trying to figure out reimbursement winners and losers once the RVU changes come out.
Join Jill Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, for this 1-hour audio event get up-to the minute changes for both diagnosis and procedure codes for 2012. Jill will show you how the changes will affect your everyday claims processing.
What’s different about the new Advance Beneficíary Notice (ABN) and when do I have to use this new form. Plus, insight into ICD-9 and CPT® Updates as follows:
Diagnostic Code changes explained including
- 3 new Influenza diagnostic codes due to Novel influenza A virus
- Greater classifications for the diagnosis of pneumothorax, pneumonitis, and pneumonia
- New situational codes for respiratory failure
- Several new classifications of lung field abnormalities
- Several organizational changes for post-operative shock
- Anaphylactic and other serum reaction code classifications
CPT – Minor changes to the Prolonged Care Descriptors
- Clarifications in the descriptors for immunization with counseling administration codes
- Clarifications to the descriptors concerning cardiovascular stress tests
- Guidance for equipment use for physiologic studies
- New subsections under pulmonary with descriptor additions for spriometry and other lung volume and function tests
- New subsection for Sleep Medicine Testing with definitions of many terms utilized in sleep testing
- Facility restrictions for infusion codes
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Physicians, coders& billers, office managers.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC is the principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. She brings with over 30 years of medical experience. This includes a diverse background in all areas of medicine from clinical to billing and she has worked with many physician specialties.
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.