ICD-10 And Pain Management: What You Need To Know For 2015!
Understanding The Major Difference Between ICD-10 And ICD-9 With Marvel J Hammer
With the delay of ICD-10-CM transition to October 1, 2015 the pain management coders now have enough time on their hands to learn the detailed changes coming along their way. There will be a dramatic change in the number of diagnosis codes available, with a whopping increase from14,000 in ICD-9 to more than 68,000 in ICD-10. Also, the common pain diagnosis codes will be drastically different from the earlier ICD-9 codes, with an immediate requirement of error-free documentation and selection. It is high time that the healthcare industry starts remodeling its technological system, while providing effective training to the staff, in order to keep up with the growing demand of ICD-10 codes. As the main usage of the ICD codes is in the medical billing – health insurance payment transaction, there is now an urgent need for the transaction to adapt the new HIPAA electronic transaction forms. ICD-9 codes did not have this feature.
Join expert speaker Marvel J Hammer, RN, CPC, CCS-P, PCS, ACS-PM, CHCO, to commence your ICD-10 transition of to a strong start by grasping the proper use of ICD-10 code set and guidelines. She will also focus on the organizational structural changes in regard to ICD-10; such as ICD-10-CM has been made up of 21 chapters, whereas ICD-9-CM only has 17 chapters. Along with the ICD-10 utilization of the placeholder character "X", which enables further expansion of the codes, explanation on certain ICD-10-CM categories, which have now included 7th character, will also be discussed.
- What are the major differences between ICD-9 and ICD-10 -especially as it applies to pain management
- Understand the organizational and structural changes associated with ICD-10
- Learn how to use "X" as a placeholder
- Define and apply the appropriate 7th character extensions when required
- Discover the top ICD-10 areas likely requiring documentation updates for pain management providers
- Understand the changes in the ICD-10 guidelines that will likely have an impact on your pain management practice
- Practice determining the correct ICD-10 diagnosis codes in common pain management conditions
Who should attend? Pain Management providers, front and back office staff, practice manager and billing staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
- Lynn Anderanin, CPC, CPC-I, COSC
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- David Glaser,
- Barbara J. Cobuzzi, MBA, CPC-OTO, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPC-I, CHCC
- Jacqueline Nash Bloink, MBA, CHC, CPC-I, CPC, CMRS
- Kelly Dennis, MBA, ACS-AN, CANPC, CHCA, CPC, CPC-I
About Our Speaker
Marvel J. Hammer, RN, CPC, CCS-P, ACS-PM, CPCO, is an accomplished professional considerable years of experience both in the business and medical fields. As owner of MJH Consulting and a coding, billing and compliance consultant, she provides documentation, coding and account receivable auditing and compliance evaluations.
Hammer enjoys teaching providers and their staff on correct coding and billing and presents nationally on these topics. Her field of specialties includes... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.