De-Mystifying Modifiers 59, 26, 50, 76, 77!
Modifiers play a big role in your claim preparation and reimbursement. But, correct use of modifiers in the reimbursement claims is a challenge.
The use of modifiers is not only important to ensure that the provider's services are properly reimbursed but it also effects compliant coding of services provided. Thus, it is important for the physician, the coder and the biller to understand how to use and document for modifiers to maintain coding and billing compliance and ensure rightful reimbursement for the organization.
These audio conferences will give you better understanding for the correct use of modifiers:
- Understand how these modifiers have changed over the years.
- Appreciate the physician use of modifiers 25, 26, 50, 59, 76, 77.
- Nail down what the modifier 59 is and what it is not.
- Compliance Issues involving use of Modifier 59- and what you can do about it
- Understand the use of the modifiers for APCs.
- Review the OIG findings for physician use of the modifiers.
- Review CMS guidance relative to the modifiers.
- Appreciate the compliance issues surrounding hospital use of modifiers 25, 26, 50, 59, 76, 77.
- Review the findings of DOJ studies on hospital use of modifiers.
- Discuss the difference between ‘unrelated’ and ‘separate’ services relative to the “-25” modifier.
- Appreciate possible RAC activities with the “-25” modifier.