The Medicare Global Surgical Package: What Is and Isn't Included
Unravel the mystery of what is, and what is not, included in 0- or 10-day and 90-day global periods.
If you want to avoid a target on your back, it's more important than ever before to avoid coding and billing for services included in a global period.
But with decreased reimbursements, every practice needs to capture all revenue possible. How do you handle this treacherous balancing act? Join Dr. Abbey for this 90-minute event where he'll give you the ins and outs of working under the global surgical package.
In just minutes, you'll learn:
- What Medicare includes in the Global Package
- Why modifiers make all the difference. Get the E/M and surgical modifier lowdown and watch your accuracy rate soar.
- How to keep the feds away: Know when not to bill for a service.
- Why you shouldn't believe it when you hear that "everything" is included in the global period.
- Medicare WILL pay for surgical complications - but you need to know when...
- How to get appropriate reimbursement with a solid understanding of the global surgery concept
Who should attend? Physician Coding Personnel, Billing and Claims Transaction Personnel, Chargemaster Coordinators, Utilization Review Personnel, Financial Analysts, Compliance Personnel, Physicians, Internal Auditing Staff and Other Interested Personnel.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today!
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D. is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.