Surgical vs. Nonsurgical Modifiers: Avoid the Mayhem and Denials
Reduce denials by appending the correct modifier the first time -- here's how.
Commercial payers and Medicare don't always see eye-to-eye when it comes to which modifiers you need to use. So, you must choose wisely or risk losing out on the payments you deserve. Join coding specialist Becky Zellmer for this eye-opening audio video event. Becky will provide you with real-life situations that will help you choose the correct modifiers every time -- especially when you're dealing with surgical versus non-surgical modifiers.
Here's what you will learn:
- Case studies to help you understand the surgical and non-surgical modifier guidelines.
- 10 reasons why the correct use of modifiers is so vital to your reimbursement and compliance.
- The most common reason your claims are being rejected. Hint:The answer is right in front of you.
- Target areas of concern you need to know about.
- The do's and don'ts when dealing with denials – make sure you know the rules.
- Used the wrong modifier? It's not too late -- Becky will show you how to get the correct payment.
- How to submit accurately modified claims and avoid payment delays.
Have additional questions? You have the floor with the speaker during an interactive Q&A.
Who should attend? Compliance Officers, billers, coders, reimbursement staff, physicians, and mid-level providers.
Your registration includes:
- Flexible enrollment. Scheduling conflict? No problem. This session is also available on CD.
- Expert answers to your tough questions during the interactive Q&A period.
- Complimentary attendee package, including the speaker's complete presentation handouts. Keep this quick reference tool close by for future use.
- One low price for all the staff you can stuff into a conference room.
Order Below or Call 800-874-9180 Today
- Michelle N. Myrick, CPC, CPC-I
- Marvel J. Hammer, RN, CPC, CCS-P, ACS-PM, CPCO
- Marsha S. Diamond, CPC, CPC-H, CCS
- Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS
- Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
About Our Speaker
Becky Rodrian (formerly Becky Zellmer), CPC, CBCS, MBS, has 16 years experience in coding, billing, auditing, reimbursement and collections. She has a diverse background, having performed duties in medical offices from patient care to collections. She has had the pleasure of auditing and educating physicians nationally. She is currently employed at SVA Healthcare Services as a Medical Billing and Coding Supervisor.
Becky has educated through teleconferences and national seminars... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.