Establishing Provider-Based Clinics, All That You Want To Know In 2013
Define the Provider-Based Rule and Conquer These Specific Challenges
Do you fully understand the Provider-Based Rule (PBR)? Go in-depth with the differences between freestanding and provider-based clinics. You need to understand the economic advantages of provider-based clinics; and the special requirements and compliance concerns associated with provider-based status.
Join this 90-minute power-packed audio event, presented by Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., CFP, and understand the steps you need to create and/or convert to a provider-based clinic. Also, understand how you can maintain the CMS 855 forms as well as be vigilant about the coding and billing issues for provider-based clinics. Duane will delineate how the chargemaster should be established to support coding and billing for both technical and professional components. Plus, you’ll learn to apply the physician supervision requirement for outpatient services.
In this expert audio conference, you’ll discuss operation issues such as setting fees, patient relations and medical staff organizational structuring. Then you’ll work through several case studies involving the establishment of the provider-based clinics.
This session will help you:
- Determine the advantage of provider-based clinics to hospitals.
- Find out what do hospitals have to do to establish provider-based clinics.
- Uncover the ambiguities in the provider-based rule (PBR).
- Here are the criteria you have to meet to establish a provider-based clinic.
- Learn if you have to meet each and every criterion in order to establish provider-based status.
- Discover when CMS is interested in making a determination that an operation is provider-based.
- Underline how physician supervision fits into the provider-based issues.
- Complete these CMS-855 enrollment forms relative to provider-based clinics.
- Highlight what special coding and billing requirements are required for provider-based clinics.
- Set up a proper fee schedule for both the facility and professional components.
- Review of the Provider-Based Rule (PBR)
- Development of the PBR
- 42 CFR §413.65
- Review of Definitions
- Rules and Regulations
- Recognition by Non-Medicare Third-Party Payers
- Economic Advantages of Provider-Based Status
- Clinical Services
- Costs for Provider-Based Status
- Recognizing Provider-Based Clinical Services
- Establishing Provider-Based Clinics
- Meeting the PBR Requirements
- Special Areas of Concern
- Medical Records Integration
- Off-Campus vs. On-Campus
- Physicians and Practitioners
- EMTALA Compliance
- Fire Safety Concerns
- Hospital Conditions of Participation
- Human Resource Issues
- Physician Supervision Requirements
- CMS 855 Forms
- Coding and Billing
- Technical Component E/M Coding
- Surgical Services Coding
- Medical Services Coding
- Setting Up The Chargemaster
Who should attend? Chargemaster personnel, compliance personnel, claims transaction personnel, coding personnel, financial analysts, operating officers, clinic administrators and managers, and all personnel involved with provider-based clinics and/or clinical operations including nursing staff and interested physicians/practitioners.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.