Underlining What Medicare Program Really Demands To Meet The Physician Supervision Challenge!
Learn the Latest About Physician Supervision and Incident-To Requirements
If you’re wondering about the specific requirements for physician supervision, then you could be setting your practice up for disaster. Make sure you cover all your bases by underlining what Medicare program really demands, and find out why physician supervision has recently become such an issue.
Can mid-level practitioners satisfy the supervisory requirements? You need to know. Also, if you’re blank when it comes to what affirmative steps your hospital must take to ensure compliance or if auditors can go back in time to verify proper physician supervision, then you may get some bad news in the future. Instead, prepare for this possibility by learning if this is solely a Medicare issue, what additional changes to anticipate in the future, the compliance implications, and will this ever become a RAC issue.
This session will help you:
- Delineate the various requirements under the Provider-Based Rule (42 CFR §413.65) relating to physician supervision requirements.
- Discover the basic operational processes for provider-based clinics and hospital provider-based clinical activities.
- Understand differing requirements for in-hospital, on-campus and off-campus clinics and hospital operations.
- Review the supervisory requirements for provider-based services.
- Appreciate both the overt and the subtle changes being made by CMS relative to supervisory requirements for hospital-based operations.
- Learn how the supervision guidance is morphing over time.
- Go in-depth with the concept of ‘incident-to’ for both physicians and hospitals.
- Decipher the difference between ‘clarifying’ guidance and ‘changed’ guidance.
- Appreciate the steps that must be taken relative to documentation for meeting the supervisory requirements.
- Discuss possible RAC audit issues for retroactive application.
- Work through several case studies.
Who should attend? All personnel involved with provider-based clinic and/or clinical operations, compliance personnel, coding and billing personnel, nursing staff and interested physicians are encouraged to attend.
Why use AudioEducator?
- Save money on travel. Our conferences are available from the comfort and convenience of your own office or meeting room.
- Meet your specific training needs. Whether you attend a live event, load up one of our encore broadcasts, or purchase a CD or PDF transcript — you'll get the information you need on your schedule.
- Keep learning after the event. Every conference purchase includes the speaker's materials so you can keep learning long after the conference is over.
- Save time training your whole staff. Gather around a speaker phone or computer and enlighten your entire team for one low price.
- Do you work with a virtual team or multiple locations? Ask our customer specialists about discounts for your whole staff.
Order Below or Call 1-866-458-2965 Today
About Our Speaker
Duane C. Abbey, Ph.D., is a management consultant and president of Abbey & Abbey, Consultants, Inc., which specializes in health care consulting and related areas. Abbey earned his graduate degrees at the University of Notre Dame and Iowa State University and has more than 20 years experience as a consultant. He performs various financial analysis, including business structuring, organizational development, enrollment, and other financially related concerns of an organization. Abbey's consulting...
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.