Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy
Is that a true disease you're diagnosing -- or simply child abuse with a clever facade?
Child abuse and neglect often goes unrecognized even in emergency rooms -- and it hides itself even more when it's Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, a condition in which an individual intentionally creates signs or symptoms of a non-existent disease.
Let clinical nurse educator, Dianne Ditmer give you the tools to spot this condition during this 1-hour audio learning session. Understanding this form of child abuse, its common physical findings, and clinical presentations will better prepare you for early intervention.
- The etiology, epidemiology, and demographics of Munchausen by Proxy.
- Common physical findings and clinical presentations associated with this form of abuse and neglect.
- Evaluate differential diagnoses that indicate a potential Munchausen case.
- 7 key interview strategies for your pediatric population and their abusers.
- Need to file a report of abuse and neglect? Remember these legal reporting requirements.
- Documentation musts for reporting Munchausen Proxy Syndrome.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Who should attend? Pediatric nurses, school nurses, school counselors, nurse practitioners, clinicians in family practice or pediatric settings, mental health practitioners, social workers, and educators.
Order Below or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Michelle N. Myrick, CPC, CPC-I
- Marvel J. Hammer, RN, CPC, CCS-P, ACS-PM, CPCO
- Marsha S. Diamond, CPC, CPC-H, CCS
- Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS
- Elin Baklid-Kunz, MBA, CHC, CPC, CCS
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
About Our Speaker
Dr. Dianne Ditmer is a clinical nurse educator and Certified Forensic Nurse with a background in risk management and emergency nursing. Her clinical training and certifications include forensic nursing and medical error investigation. As a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, Dr. Ditmer serves as chairman of the American Board of Forensic Nurses; member of the Ohio Healthcare Taskforce on Family Violence, and Montgomery County Sexual Assault Response Team.
As... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.