Incident To Services: Compliant Use of Non-Physician Practitioners
The Complexity Of The Medicare Rules For “Incident To” Billing Is Continued As You Look At Other Insurance Payers
Non-physician Practitioners (NPP) are being utilized in more and more practice situations to help ease the workload and allow for expansion of the practice. Many practices have taken an “all or nothing” approach to NPP billing: billing all services directly or all services “incident to”. Neither of these is correct. The supervision of NPP’s in the hospital and for diagnostic and therapeutic testing has seen comments and clarifications from the OPPS in the past 3 years. The impact of this information should not be viewed negatively. The concept of “Split shared visits” is relatively easy to understand but the practical use and documentation requirements become the challenge. Non-physician Practitioners (NPP) billing rules are variable.
Register now for this 60-minute information-rich on demand webinar and learn where to look for a payer’s rules and what to do if you can’t find their policy. Understanding the difference between “direct” and “incident to” billing is the key for maximizing an office’s NPP services. Our expert speaker Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC will provide specific information that allows you to implement your own personalized office plan to achieve this.
As an added bonus you'll also receive resources on finding the location of the most up to date and detailed information which is imperative to understanding the OPPS clarifications of the past few years.
Here is what you'll learn:
- History of Non-Physician Practitioner (NPP) Services & State Scope of Practice/License.
- Where do you find the most current and best resources for billing NPP services.
- Which services can your NPP perform and options for billing them.
- Levels of Supervision required at the various locations for a NPP to provide services.
- Required Qualifications, Employment Relationships, Service Payment Methodology.
- What can your NPP do to help with New Patient and Consultation visits.
- Tips to consider if looking for an NPP to help your practice make the most informed decision.
- Types of Nurse Practitioner Services That May Be Covered Under Medicare Reimbursement Rules.
- Services Otherwise Excluded From Medicare's Coverage.
- Collaboration & Collaborative Agreements between a PA and one or more physicians (MD/DO).
- Incident To Services under Medicare Benefit Policy Manual.
- Integral Activities of the Physician’s/NPP’s Professional Service.
- Plan of Care – What is it?
- Split Shared Visits.
- Inappropriate Documentation & Direct Billing.
- FAQs on the most pressing and compelling challenges faced today.
- And much more….
Order Below Or Call 866-458-2965 Today
- Kim Garner-Huey, MJ, CPC, CCS-P, PCS
- Dreama Sloan-Kelly, MD, CCS
- Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CCS-P, PCE, MCS-P, AC
- Duane Abbey, Ph.D.
- Jill M. Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC
- Michael A. Ferragamo, Jr., MD, FACS
About Our Speaker
Jill Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, is the Principal of Young Medical Consulting, LLC. A company founded 11 years ago to meet the education and compliance needs of physicians and their staff.
Jill has over 30 years of medical experience working in all areas of the medical practice including clinical, billing and rounding with physicians.Her comments and opinions can be seen in several publications and also heard on a variety... More Info
More Events By The Speaker
- Save money on travel.
- Meet your specific training needs.
- Keep learning after the event.
- Save time training your whole staff.